[BangPypers] Python ORM

Pratap Chakravarthy prataprc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 03:44:35 CET 2012

> Out all examples and discussions, every one seems to recommend  SQLAlchemy,

I did use ORM, SQLAlchemy, for medium size datastore. ORM can get in
your way once the size of data set grows. In my cases I had to change
my code to just use SQLAlchemy's expression language. Looking back, I
think there is lot of impedance mismatch between ORM in python and SQL
database.

If you are not keen about SQL databases, you can try one of the
key-value data stores.

Cheers,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM, kracekumar ramaraju
<kracethekingmaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I have come across wide range of ORM in python.
>
> Out all examples and discussions, every one seems to recommend  SQLAlchemy,
> but it has deep learning curve whereas storm, peewee are light weight. Have
> anyone tried any of these for non-trivial project or real life big sites,
> in case yes please share the experience.
>

> --
> *
> Thanks & Regards
>
> "Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
> kracekumar
> www.kracekumar.com
> *

Pratap.