[BangPypers] getpython3

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Jan 18 17:21:02 CET 2012

Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 06:07:43PM +0530, Baishampayan Ghose wrote:
>> > That is not the one I started, this is a new one from Jesse Noller.
>> > getpython3.net I stopped as there was not any interest from the community.
>> > If anyone want to take over it, I can give the domain and other details.
>>
>> May be you should just redirect getpython3.net to getpython3.com with a 301.
>
> Yeah. that would be good idea. I think the author of getpython3.comm
> could have contributed to original one, but yeah the purpose seems to
> be same. So, it is fine.

getpython3.net was more of a package index with crowd sourced
information on compatiblity with python3 (inspired by
http://isitruby19.com/)

getpython3.com was a more comprehensive site with information on porting
and increasing Python3 adoption and usage.

In all fairness, I recollect that Jesse tweeted/emailed us about
collaborating but it fell between the cracks and never really took off.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in

"I always avoid prophesying beforehand because it is much better to prophesy after the event has already taken place. " - Winston Churchill