[BangPypers] Binary blobs inside a mysql data base

kracekumar ramaraju kracethekingmaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:42:08 CET 2012

Hi

Hi all , Is it a good idea to keep binary blobs inside a mysql database .
> They will not actually be served through http later on. And they are of
> more than 500 kb usually . I have searched all over stackoverflow and the
> reactions are mixed . I would like to know what are the views of people on
> this group.

Classic way is store images or binary blob in hard disk and store the path
in database.

Both database failure and hard disk failure can happen and there way to
retrieve the objects after failure . It depends on the kind of data also,
if the binary blobs are highly confidential you may want to store the
details in db.

You need to think about time taken to retrieve the object from hard disk as
well as from DB.

--
*
Thanks & Regards

"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus Torvalds
kracekumar
www.kracekumar.com
*