[BangPypers] [JOB] Python/Django Internship position

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Mon Jul 30 09:28:02 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> Jace on the IT/startup scene in India:
> http://jace.zaiki.in/2006/11/01/talent-shortage

As the adage goes:

Q: How do you know someone is from IIT or IIM?
A: They tell you.

When I hear someone is from IIT or IIM, I instinctively ignore that person
because repeat experience has taught me to do so. These people tend to
believe that they are superior to everyone else because of where they
studied. Some of the most ruinous corporate decisions I've seen come from
IIT/IIM graduates who keep reminding everyone that they are IIT/IIM
graduates.

This is of course not true for everyone, but there are enough of these
jokers going around that if you are serious about your startup, please do
not advertise your IIT/IIM background -- you will be ignored by the people
you really need to talk to.

Best,
Kiran