[BangPypers] PyCon 2013 is under way! Now accepting proposals

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Tue Jul 31 17:26:14 CEST 2012

It was only a few months ago when we wrapped up the hugely successful
PyCon 2012, and we started working on the 2013 conference right away.
PyCon 2013 will again be in Santa Clara, California, with tutorials
kicking off March 13, the conference March 15, and sprints beginning
March 18. Along with our site release at https://us.pycon.org/2013/,
we opened our Call for Proposals a month earlier than last year at
https://us.pycon.org/2013/speaking/cfp/.

We're looking to you, the community, to help us make PyCon 2013 even
better. We're accepting proposals through September 28, hoping to
break last year's record of 519 talk, tutorial, and poster proposals.
We're looking for all types of presentations from all types of people.
If you've got a topic to share, we hope you'll submit a proposal.
Create an account at https://us.pycon.org/2013/account/signup/, and
fill in your speaker profile and submit away!

With another record submission period expected, we're also rounding up
volunteers for our Program Committee, the team tasked with evaluating
the proposals and coming up with the conference schedule. If you're
interested in volunteering, join the PyCon Program Committee mailing
list and introduce yourself at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/pycon-pc.

Without sponsors, PyCon wouldn't be possible. They're what keep the
conference prices low and values high, and we share the same deal with
our sponsorship packages. Especially after you factor in the price of
tickets that all packages include, we think our sponsorship packages
are second to none. We even have a 50% discount for small businesses!
Check out https://us.pycon.org/2013/sponsors/whysponsor/ for more
info.

We've also made changes in how we're doing ticketing, specifically for
early bird rates. We even cut our student ticket prices in half,
starting at $100! We'll announce more details as we get closer, but
know that ticket sales will be opening up in the fall. Be sure to plan
accordingly because we anticipate another quick sell out!

Be sure to follow us at http://pycon.blogspot.com/ and
https://twitter.com/pycon!

Jesse Noller - Chairman - jnoller at python.org
Brian Curtin - Publicity Coordinator - brian at python.org