[BangPypers] converting python to assembly..

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:55:34 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Sriram Karra <karra.etc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I am looking for something more "simple", i.e. instead of writing C and
> > compiling it to machine instructions...write python (restricted set..may
> > be) and convert it to machine instructions.
> >

> Have no personal experience with this sort of thing... but have you
> considered http://code.google.com/p/2c-python/ ? If yes, why does it not
> work for you?
>
> -Karra

2c-python seems to convert python to its own C equivalent which is then
compiled and can be loaded dynamically into the interpreter. Cython / Swig
etc can do this already.
This is very different from what I want. Nonetheless, thanks for pointing
out...one more feather in the python-to-c hat for the general case.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre