[BangPypers] Python script to limit access to Internet...

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:25:45 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 15:38 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > but one thing, networks where you rely on the dhcp server on the
> > router are highly unsafe. Please avoid them.
>
> Why so?

in the first place, these are setup by the 'technical' staff of the
service provider. The root password is usually root123, the firewall is
identical on all modems, the permissions are the widest possible and the
client machines are usually windows. I use this, but my machines are all
linux with proper firewalls, and I can see the sort of rubbish the
router lets in in the logs.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves