[BangPypers] Executing Commands using sudo

satyaakam goswami satyaakam at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:40:00 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM, davidsnt <davidsnt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I have a bunch of servers where I have to login as user1 and then sudo as
> super user and again change to user2 and execute a bunch of commands, can
> you guys help with any thought how can I get this done in python.

how many does a bunch mean ?

> 4. Logout
>
> I cannot login as user2 over ssh, it is not enabled.

this use case can  be done in native python or if you do not want to take
care of the nitty gritties you can take a look at
http://code.google.com/p/sshpt/ , write shell scripts around it to get it
done , this tool again is written using  python , there are other tools
depending on the complexity .

-Satya
fossevents.in