[BangPypers] Multilevel SSH in Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Oct 16 13:26:53 CEST 2012

davidsnt <davidsnt at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Team.
>
> I need some help in building a multilevel ssh program in Python.
>
> My requirement is that I have to connect to ServerA and from ServerA
> connect to ServerB and from ServerB connect to ServerC and execute few set
> of commands and collect the results.
>
> I dont have direct access to ServerB or ServerC only from ServerA I can
> move on to ServerB and then on to ServerC.

The regular ssh command has a proxycommand directive which you can use
to ssh through multiple hosts similar to what you need
http://serverfault.com/questions/368266/ssh-through-multiple-hosts-using-proxycommand#368267

I think you should be able to reuse this rather than write all the stuff
yourself.
[...]

--
Cordially,