[BangPypers] LearnStreet's Free Online Python Course

Aakash Prasad aakash at learnstreet.com
Tue Oct 16 23:15:12 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to tell you about a free online Python course that my startup,
LearnStreet (http://www.learnstreet.com), has recently launched (along with
courses on JavaScript and Ruby). Our courses are designed for beginners and
are fun, engaging and interactive through the use of multiple learning
modalities. How is LearnStreet different from other learn-to-code sites you
ask?

UI/UX: A key aspect of LearnStreet’s courses is its distinct UI/UX. In
order to see this, start any one of our courses.

Multi-modal: Our courses are designed for beginners, and we have multiple
ways to help them learn, including live chat, Twitter, Q&A, hints, videos
and background material. http://www.learnstreet.com/lessons/languages/python

Code Garage: Like many of you here, if you already know how to code, check
out Code Garage where you can try your hand at cool coding projects like
building a Mastermind game or a Sudoku Solver.
http://www.learnstreet.com/cg/simple/projects/javascript

Dev Tools: We’ve culled the web to provide some key resources beyond the
core programming language that will help beginners gain a better
understanding of what it takes to become a competent coder.
http://www.learnstreet.com/dev_tools/

We just launched about a couple of weeks ago and would love to get your
thoughts and feedback. We are looking for expert coders to help build out
our other courses so check out the Contribute section on our site as well.

Thanks

Aakash