[BangPypers] Beginner Help

ram sagar rammy.sagar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:40:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

words = ['cat', 'window', 'defenestrate']

here words is a list and each element in that list can be accessed via

words[0] will give cat
words[1] will give window

for more information on list :
http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/introduction.html#lists

also in python for loop is quite from different from other programming
languages.

for more information on for loop :
http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/controlflow.html#for-statements

for w in words:

for the first loop      ,the value in words[0] is picked and assigned to w
, i.e  w = words[0]
for the second loop ,the value in words[1] is picked and assigned to w ,
i.e  w = words[1]
.....so on

It is always better to have understanding of what data type we are working
on and then what are the operation we are performing.

I hope that you are clear about working of for loop.

Regards
Ram Sagar Mourya