[BangPypers] [OT] Microsoft Office 365 for Education made mandatory for approved institutions by AICTE

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:53:19 CEST 2013

The reason FOSCOMM was setup some years ago was because various such groups
actually have some common interests.

There are times when we need to get together to defend even other
technologies and platforms. If we continue to declare "Not here" without
constructively figuring out if the discussion can be carried out elsewhere,
vested interests like MS will pick out areas one after the other, and there
wouldn't be enough voices when it's a specific group's turn to face their
brunt.

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came

I'd attended the initial FOSCOMM meet at CIS, but I think it died out after
that.

-- Ram