[BangPypers] Reorder Dictionary Size in python

Anand B Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 07:46:25 CEST 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> Rahul R <rahul8590 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >  I dont intent to pre optimize things , I am rather driven by curiosity
> on
> > how one could do that.
>
> I'm with Anand on recommendations but like you, I'm curious as to
> whether this is possible. Do you have some estimates of size for your
> dictionary and the average size for the values?

Does this help you ?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2211965/python-memory-usage-loading-large-dictionaries-in-memory

Python dictionaries always take up extra memory to allow fast access
to contents. You might want to experiment with optimizing the objects
you store in it or use some other dictionary like objects which are
implemented
differently - like shelve or dbm or bsddb.

> I'm trying some experiments.
>
> [...]
>

> --
> Cordially,