[BangPypers] [HELP] QUERIES RELATED TO PYTHON

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Sat Apr 20 21:22:04 CEST 2013

On 21 April 2013 00:31, hiharry danny <hrdspl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Python 2.5.4 installed on windows platform ..(win xp) ...and in the
> installation folder there is a folder named Tcl(Tool Command Language)
> which contains subfolders like Tk, Tix etc ..the version of tcl is 8.4 .The
> default gui standard of python is through Tkinter module and when this
> module is used the calls are made to the Tcl embedded interpreter to
> execute the code.
> So, is it for this reason Tcl is embedded in python or for anything else ?
> If i haven't installed tcl separately, what are the ways to access Tcl
> interpreter other than using ELmer and Using Tkinter module ,Tcl
> interpreter can be invoked using Tkinter.Tcl().
> Can wish or telsh be  for such ?

Not sure what you are asking here.

>     import Tkinter
>     a = Tkinter.Tcl()
>     result = a.eval(' puts "hello, world" ')

> TclError: can not find channel named "stdout"
> But still it doesn't work, giving error why ?

This works just fine for me on Linux with Python 2.7.
Python 2.5 is quite old, and I would suspect some
issue with your Python vs. Tk installation.

> And one more thing when i type dir('Tkinter') or any other module name to
> display it's contents , why does it always show the same thing every time
> which is as follows
[...]

What you want is dir(Tkinter). Please note the absence of
single quotes. What you are getting now is the dictionary
for string, since that's you asked for.

Regards,
Gora