[BangPypers] Python related jobs for me

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Wed Feb 20 08:31:25 CET 2013

On 20 February 2013 12:54, L Radhakrishna Rao <satishsagar83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys and girls,
>
> I am software engineer and also an enthusiastic programmer.
>
> I have learned python on my own, though not knowledgeable as you people
> are. I have learned python purely out of my interest.
>
> Now i would like to get involved in some serious python development
> activities. Any suggestions?
[...]

This is a little off-topic, but nevertheless:
* Learning something on a candidate's own initiative would
  be a big plus in our book when it comes to a hiring decision.
* You should decide on a more specific area that you want to
   work in. One possibility is web development with Django,
   and Python, but you should pick an area that interests you.
* If your experience in that area is not very extensive, consider
  finding a company/organisation that works in the area, and
  do an internship with them.
* Another good way of gaining expertise, and getting noticed,
  is to find an open-source project in that area of work, and
  contributing to it.

Regards,
Gora