[BangPypers] Interactive shell for python application

Dhruv Baldawa dhruvbaldawa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:06:33 CET 2013

If you just want to embed a Python shell, you can do it with iPython

from IPython import embed
embed() # this call anywhere in your program will start IPython

Refer:
http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/interactive/reference.html#embedding for
more details.

I usually add a IPython debugger, whenever I need such a thing, I just do a:
from IPython.core.debugger import Tracer
Tracer()()

but this will act more like a debugger and you can check values and run
python code.

--
Dhruv Baldawa
(http://www.dhruvb.com)