[BangPypers] suggestions for emacs and python

Umar Shah umar43 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 11:45:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

A week of experiments and this is my current status:

Emacs : version 23 (streight apt-get install )
Packaging : el-get (once you understand recipe files, you can get almsot
all possible packgaes )
Python : jedi (this works super cool )
Org : (this one is really a big plus of using emacs, thanks @noufal)

I miss some features from sublime (symbol browser, goto anything, multi
edit)

Plan to try :
* helm ( will require to upgrade to emacs 24)
* someth for project mode like EDE
* java (will see if I can give up eclipse also ;)

Overall, all the effort to move to emacs seems every bit worth it.

Thanks,
Umar