[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Jun 5 09:24:21 CEST 2013

स्वक्ष <svaksha at gmail.com> writes:

> On 6/5/13, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> just curious how did you manage registering last year ? , i recall you
>
> The same way as i did this year, I did not provide my real home
> address. The fact that the transaction went through with the wrong
> address is proof enough that the bank (which has my real details) does
> not provide access to the personal details of its client-base to
> third-party vendors. This means DoAttend is faking it to collect
> personal details of all those who register through their website, that
> they are not upfront about this privacy breach is very disturbing.

[...]

To the folks manning our doattend page,

Are the registrations fields something we set up ourselves or something
that doattend requires for all tickets bought using a credit card? If
it's the former, we can probably do something about it. If the latter,
short of moving away from doattend, I'm not sure what else we can do.

--
Cordially,
Noufal