[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

Vinayak Hegde vinayakh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:00:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in
> >wrote:
>
> > स्वक्ष <svaksha at gmail.com> writes:

> > > The same way as i did this year, I did not provide my real home
> > > address. The fact that the transaction went through with the wrong
> > > address is proof enough that the bank (which has my real details) does
> > > not provide access to the personal details of its client-base to
> > > third-party vendors. This means DoAttend is faking it to collect
> > > personal details of all those who register through their website, that
> > > they are not upfront about this privacy breach is very disturbing.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > To the folks manning our doattend page,
> >
> > Are the registrations fields something we set up ourselves or something
> > that doattend requires for all tickets bought using a credit card? If
> > it's the former, we can probably do something about it. If the latter,
> > short of moving away from doattend, I'm not sure what else we can do.
> >

> That is something doattend requires. They are in our control.

Is it something that we can talk to them ? I also got this irritating
notice. I have bought stuff from multiple vendors online but this is
something new I am seeing - The notice is reproduced below. They have
debited my account but not sent me the tickets. That is definitely not done.

"Your transaction is complete, but as a precautionary measure, has been
flagged for manual verification of your billing details. Please respond to
the email you would have received and your eTicket(s) will be delivered to
your email ID within 48 hours. For any clarifications, please contact the
DoAttend team at +914442070176 or support at doattend.com"

Regards
Vinayak