[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:08:37 CEST 2013

On 6/5/13, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim
>> To the folks manning our doattend page,
>>
>> Are the registrations fields something we set up ourselves or something
>> that doattend requires for all tickets bought using a credit card? If
>> it's the former, we can probably do something about it. If the latter,
>> short of moving away from doattend, I'm not sure what else we can do.
>>

> That is something doattend requires. They are in our control.

Anand, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the above statement
("they are in our control") - Do you mean DoAttend mandate this
information, OR, is the form setup by IN-PyCon?
The "*" indicates mandatory fields (there are a lot of those on that
form) which are not-optional on the registration form for payment. Who
is asking for that information and why? Note, the form insists on me
providing the ADDRESS REGISTERED WITH MY BANK <-- why does  DoAttend
(or InPycon if you are in control) need my banking address details?
That is a privacy and security issue.

--
svaksha ॥ http://svaksha.com