[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:23:44 CEST 2013

On 6/5/13, Vinayak Hegde <vinayakh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Bibhas Ch Debnath <me at bibhas.in> wrote:
>
>> Just check the EBS integration guide, they require the merchant to send
>> the
>> billing address of the customer. They require merchant to collect it so
>> that they don't have to. I don't think DoAttend can do anything in this
>> case.

In that case, the transaction should have failed when the registrant
provides a fake address - it DID NOT. That only means one thing - both
DoAttend and ebs.in (their payment gateway provider) DONT have any
access to your bank details. At best, they are fraudulently collecting
important private details <-- For what? Remember, they already have
your name, email id, phone number, bank address and the most important
Credit card details along with the CCV number and the expiry details.
All this information with a third-party vendor should make you nervous
about online fraud.

> Fine. But if you debit my account, why I can't I get the tickets
> immediately ? Why put me on hold and ask me to send/reply emails to
> doattend. At best it is bad UX at worst it is malicious.

I agree with the "malicious" bit - Not giving me what I paid for AFTER
you have been paid by my bank definitely falls under that category.
Their intent is suspect.

--
svaksha ॥ http://svaksha.com