[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 10:34:00 CEST 2013

On 6/5/13, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> wrote:
> Address verification is simply a standard mechanism of managing fiscal
> fraud risk.
> While I cannot opine on specifics of either doattend or their payment
> gateway, I know
> for a fact some payment gateways (non-indian) will charge different
> amounts based
> on whether the vendor attempted an address verification and may choose
> to flag off
> minor address mismatches or may just entirely reject the transaction
> in case of major
> mismatches.

In that case, my transaction should have failed or rejected by the
bank. IT DID NOT. I've raised this point in earlier replies.
In this case, it is not managing fraud risk - its about them
collecting a bunch of personal data that is registered with your bank,
which can be misused. That scares me. YMMV.

--
svaksha ॥ http://svaksha.com