[BangPypers] [X-post] Registrations are open

स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 21:09:19 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are quite a few alternative explanations which you have not
> accounted for. For example I had stated that payment gateways can
> charge differently based on the extent of verification requested. And
> no banks do not share data with third party sites, but payment
> gateways can send the data to an AVS
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Verification_System for
> verification without the bank actually having to share private data.
> There's a bunch of other stuff like regulatory requirements allowing
> for certain leeway in selecting one out of multiple possible ways of
> verification (eg. look at how different banks implement the same RBI
> regulations for additional authentication differently - I had read
> AmEx does address verification, know HDFC requires you to enter a
> password or birthdate/email data, I think Citi handles it differently
> based on a PIN (hearsay)).

No offence, but I dont wish to stretch this conversation nor speculate
on how individual banks operate. I had to bring this up publicly only
because DoAttend withheld my ticket AFTER they got the payment. Not
acceptable.  So, I'll end with _repeating_ an important point that is
being ignored - if there was any real-time verification being done my
transaction would have definitely failed, and I clarified this from my
bank and from others working in the banking industry.
--
svaksha ॥ http://svaksha.com