[BangPypers] CBSE to teach introduction to python in class 11 and 12

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 03:45:12 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>wrote:

> Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > How about creating a website with resources for teachers and students?
> > BangPypers is one of the oldest Python community from India. So, I
> > think it would be great to do it as a community project. Anyone
> > interested ?
>
> I'm definitely interested. One of my plans since moving back to Kerala
> is to create something like this. I haven't had the time to brood over
> it yet though.

Why don't we have a panel discussion about Python in schools at PyCon
India? We can invite officials from education departments and discuss about
how to effectively use Python and what support can be provided from the
community. We can plan to write some books or create some material if
required.  After the panel discussion, we can have a BoF or an open space
discussing it in detail.

I think we have (or can raise) enough money to support travel
and accommodation of couple of officials from government.

What do you think?

Anand