[BangPypers] Python Monk - Learn Python in your browser

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:50:48 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have written an interactive learning book for Python at
> http://pythonmonk.com/learning/books/17.
>
> I would love it if you could go through the lessons and give feedback. This
> is an alpha version with limited content. We are releasing this to an
> audience we already know before we release to a larger audience.
>
> PythonMonk was built by the folks at C42 Engineering (http://c42.in) and
> uses the same platform as rubymonk.com.

1. Too much screen real-estate seems to be wasted and i find the UI, though
sparse,
sometimes slightly confusing. Am sure its either that I am tired, or am
just not used to
using such sites.

2. Content - "the value", IMHO, would be if you can do a SICP-esque course
via this
platform, so that monetization is a possibility.

3. Am sure someone at HN will ultimately comment that PythonMonk was
written
in Ruby ;)

Good luck :)

@venkasub