[BangPypers] Internationalization in Python 2.6

Vivek Puri vpuri.social at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 01:29:15 CET 2013

Hi,

> Actually in the earlier part when we write to xml we got <c9> which was
> correct when we look into the ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) international
> character set and hexadecimal.
> But here we got the hexa <c4> instead. Again for another character which
> can not be decoded using utf-8 it is giving the same value Ä which is
> interesting :)

I ran some test but I always got correct answer no matter how many times
I encode/decode but we may be trying different things.

Also consider Vijay's response of chardet library.

> Apart from encoding what we have to take care in python coding to
> support internationalization, any document can be suggested for that.

Internationalization is much more than encoding but python doc for i18n
will get you started. Take a look at :
http://docs.python.org/2/library/i18n.html

rgds
vivek