[BangPypers] Object Oriented Programming in python

Saager Mhatre saager.mhatre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 20:16:16 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Dhananjay Nene
<dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Dhruv Baldawa <dhruvbaldawa at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Also take a look at videos by Raymond Hettinger
> > http://pyvideo.org/speaker/138/raymond-hettinger
>
> I have some serious reservations on how OO is packaged here. Wanted to
> post a detailed and articulate opinion, but it is going to take a
> while since I am not getting the time to do so, but will get there
> eventually. In the meanwhile I do want to offer an as yet
> unsubstantiated opinion that some of these are not necessarily the
> best references on the topic.

Dammit, had meant to reply to this one earlier, but got completely
side-tracked by our metaclasses discusison.

I got a similar vibe when I sat through Raymond's talks at PyCon India
2011. A TWer friend and I were watching the talks together and our WTF
counters turned quite a bit and usually at the same time.

Like Dhananjay said, any response is going to have to be pretty detailed
and I'm too tired and sleep now. :|

- d