[BangPypers] https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py

Palak Mathur palakmathur at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 08:11:09 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Pratham Gadre <pratham.gadre at gmail.com>wrote:

> Audrey,
>
> We would like to hear your thoughts on the antics pulled by Anand Pillai
> (member of PSF).
>
> ref:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/bangpypers/2013-September/thread.html
> Mails with the subject : https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py
>
> Most of us, don't like the way he is hiding behind his style of "sarcastic
> humor", but for
> fear of being called an outcast from the community, we don't have the guts
> to come out
> in the open.
>
> Being a member / moderator / owner of various e-groups (tech & non-tech) in
> India,
> I know very well, how quickly one can become an outcast for speaking out.
> Especially,
> against somebody popular like Anand.
>
> I would personally, recommend, that a proper warning be served to Anand for
> his
> misconduct.
>
> I sincerely hope that Anand is given his due for his uncalled and
> unwarranted 'sarcastic humor'.
>
> I am taking the trouble to escalate this issue, since Anand is a member of
> PSF and President of
> Indian Python Software Society. People with attitude like his should not be
> allowed to hold such
> posts.
>
> Regards
> Pratham
>
> PS: If somebody has cloned the code repository by Anand, please share the
> code with pyladies.
> If you don't want to get entangled in this mess, email the code to me, I
> will guarantee your anonymity.
>
> Anand, in the meanwhile please read :
> http://www.pyladies.com/CodeOfConduct/

I agree with Pratham. It doesn't seems from Anand's mail that he is
apologetic for his behavior. His final mail where he apologizes after
quoting from the Zen is like mocking others. The kind of behavior is
totally unacceptable and is kind of Cyber Violence and more specifically
Cyber Bullying. Legally speaking it can also lead to a case of Online
Harassment under Sexual Harassment and Cyber Bullying under Sec 66A of IT
Act 2000.