[BangPypers] https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py

svaksha svaksha at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 09:16:55 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 4:20 AM, Anand B Pillai
<anandpillai at letterboxes.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 September 2013 08:23 AM, svaksha wrote:
>

> > The next time you see anything related to PyLadies or women in
> > Foss, feel free to air your sexist view that women's groups "is an
> > issue more of politics than technology and society" on the PSF
> > list. The zen of Python decrees that "Errors should never pass
> > silently." and "Explicit is better than implicit".
>
> Zen of Python also says,
>
> "Now is better than never."
>
> Let us end this now.
>

> "Special cases aren't special enough to break the rules."
>
> I possibly did a special case and broke the rules.
>
> "Practicality beats purity".
> "Beautiful is better than ugly."
>
> Since this is getting rather ugly, let us try and make it beautiful
> and be practical about it.
>
> I sincerely apologize in a heart-felt way for hurting the
> sentiments of the PyLadies Bangalore community . I would next time get
> my doubts cleared first in their mailing list before taking such actions.
>
> I hope the sentiments are cleared now.

Thank you for the apology Anand. I am seeing a number of mails and I
am yet to read them all; but first, I wanted to thank everyone who
supported us and request an end this thread. This apology is a lot
more acceptable than the "if" one and I'd like to move on. To all
those who support PyLadies, a big ThankYou.

Anand, another request, can you delete the chillpill repo on github? I
had not forked your (now deleted) ladies.py repo publicly as I felt
you deserved a chance to explain yourself. However, your chillpill
repo comes across as "STFU", annoying enough that I forked it on
github. I'm happy to delete it if you care to go first.

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष