[BangPypers] Why PyLadies

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे mandarvaze at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:02:39 CEST 2013

Jonathan,

Thanks for the answer. The points you raised make sense for a "support
group" (IMO) but not for a technical community (especially mailing list
where even your geographical location is immaterial.)

*I *couldn't find answer to this question (easily) on
http://www.pyladies.com/ either.

On a completely unrelated note , here is a (completely imaginary) story for
you to ponder ..
All the incidents/characters/alphabets in the story are fictitious, any
resemblance to real incidents/people is a coincidence

   - P *asked a question* (albeit in less than politically correct manner)
   - S and A were offended - they beat up on P till P apologized, twice
   (first one "conditional" second "unconditional") Several people supported
   both P and S&A
   - C sent a private email to S with some (unsolicited, but well meaning)
   advice *and* asked the *same question again*
   - S beats up on C publicly about sending private email, but forgot to
   (chose not to ?) answer the question
   - J answered the question
   - S and A (probably) want a good publicity for their cause, yet ..
   - Neither S and A have *yet *answered the question.

-Mandar