[BangPypers] Python packages and modules (was: Favorite tips/techniques)

Saager Mhatre saager.mhatre at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 15:50:57 CEST 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Dhananjay Nene <dhananjay.nene at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nice. I reached out for the "Favourite" button but realised
> emails/mailing lists don't have it.

(takes a bow)

I do think it can be a little easier to understand by doing
> s/package-module/namespace/g. Having done that I realised a few things
> needed to be reworded, and then noticed a few minor corrections were
> required.

I specifically chose not to generalize both of them into a single
abstraction of 'namespace' because of the inconsistency in behaviour.
Treating them as two different abstractions helps me keep the inconsistency
as well as conflation clear in my head.
In my experience, the last time I tried to resolve that into a single
notion, it kept tripping me up at the 'loading' cases, esp when trying to
include how older versions worked.

But YMMV.

> Here's the result (Have attempted to only make minor structural
> corrections without adjusting any of the opinions or rationale
> expressed herein)

Your result is not bad, but I still prefer my original approach. No
offence. :)

Oh, and I'm still waiting on an answer for [3]. ;)

- d