[BangPypers] Do you pin your requirements.txt ?

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष svaksha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 05:05:25 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Saager Mhatre <saager.mhatre at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 2013 12:38 AM, "Kiran Jonnalagadda" <jace at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> We deploy multiple times a day and I don't find that the gap between a
>> Travis test and production deployment is so long that an upstream release
>> within those few seconds broke compatibility.
>>
>> Kiran
>>

> Dude, can I quote you on that? 'Cause that's probably *the* most awesome
> pitch for agile, lean, fail early-fail often, short feedback loops,

This largely depends on the development model (read, the what and
where) - Agile works well for the service model but for larger and
more complex systems (think BigData, multiple types of databases),
stability matters a lot more. It is definitely a trade-off but there
isnt a single model that works well for everyone as that choice
depends on what you develop and where.

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष