[BangPypers] Pyladies Bangalore in Times of India

Annapoornima Koppad a.koppad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 07:54:04 CEST 2013

Dear All,

Pyladies Bangalore was recently featured in Times of India dated, 22nd sept
and later on 23 sept as well. [1]. I am not able to find the link for the
23rd edition.

I thank Anand Chitipothu for making Pycon India 2013 women inclusive. Since
he has already made a comment that there was enough participation from
women, there are a few facts that I want get them straight.

Dear Mr. Anand Chitipothu, can you please provide the exact number of women
participants in Pycon India 2013? How many women were key note speakers? I
would like a list of their email ids and names if they were women. I need
them because I want to increase the Pyladies visibility and also encourage
ladies in other cities to start Pyladies chapter in their respective towns
and cities.

Also, Mr. Anand, can you please provide me an introduction to Shilpa
Patankar the news reporter so that I can give her the status of Pyladies
Bangalore, overview of goals, etc.

[1].
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/personal-tech/computing/Women-programmers-learn-to-schmooze/articleshow/22877116.cms

I wholeheartedly thank Anand Chitipothu ( and the other volunteers) for
making Pycon India 2013 a women inclusive event.

Thanks and regards,
Annapoornima