[BangPypers] Django with MSSQL Server 2008

konark modi modi.konark at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 23:09:26 CEST 2013

I have used Python + TEIDD via JDBC, and Python + Microsoft SQL Server
using ODBC..

I'll share my steps with you for connecting ODBC + Python on a linux
machine(CentOS 5.x, 6.x) .

1. Install FREE TDS
2. Install Unix ODBC
3. Install PyODBC
4. Configure the TDS and ODBC settings in $HOME/etc/*.conf
5. Try connecting the sample program.

Pasting installation-script and sample-program on gist.
Installation-script : https://gist.github.com/konarkmodi/6720521
Sample-Program : https://gist.github.com/konarkmodi/6720531

Regards
Konark