[BangPypers] Two Scoops of Django 1.6, India Edition

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:06:02 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I'll make this brief:

1. We finally have an acceptable version of the Two Scoops of Django
1.6 India Edition. The Indian publisher outdid themselves. It's BETTER
than the US edition. In fact, it's such an amazing book we're planning
on making it available world-wide. Our pricing will reflect that
international status accordingly.

2. The soonest we'll launch the Indian Edition is next week. I'm going
into surgery tomorrow, and want to be able to help manage any issues
that occur.

3. Regardless of how we price the Two Scoops of Django 1.6 India
Edition, the fact is that right now on Amazon.com (US) you can buy Two
Scoops of Django 1.6 at $12.45 (749 Rupee). This is an incredible sale
and is COMPLETELY beyond our control. We don't know why it's happening
and when it will end. Even with shipping from US to Bangalore, that's
LESS than what the India Edition will cost you. My book+shipping
estimates to India come out to about US$24, which is less than our
intended India Edition price. See http://amzn.to/1eOXgix and do the
math yourself.

Sincerely,

Daniel Greenfeld