[BangPypers] Mailing list etiquette

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Aug 4 10:53:14 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04 2014, Jeffrey Jose wrote:

> I agree with almost all of it, except for these 2.
>
> 1. No HTML emails

I don't like HTML emails because usual textual matter doesn't need
it. It simply bloats things and if the renderer your client is using
doesn't have some feature that the sender uses, it'll appear broken.

> 2. No attachments.

This makes sense for a list because, as I understand it, the list server
has to send a copy of the attachment to everyone on the list. It's an
avoidable expense. A lot simpler to send a link to something on dropbox
or somewhere.
[...]

--
Cordially,