[BangPypers] Mailing list etiquette

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 07:14:33 CEST 2014

Hi Jeff,

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Jeffrey Jose <jeffjosejeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with almost all of it, except for these 2.
>
> 1. No HTML emails

        I generally look at it from this perspective - Do we really
need HTML to convey something ? Are plain words not sufficient enough
to express ourselves ? Look at it as "Simple is better than complex"
:)

> 2. No attachments.

       Someone already mentioned it - In a mailing list, the server
copies over the attachment to every recipient. Moreover, in these days
of githubs, wikis and pastebin, where we have syntax highlighting and
better viewing experience, why would we want to send attachments ?
Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar