[BangPypers] "The Python I would like to see" - Armin Ronacher

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Tue Aug 19 18:59:18 CEST 2014

On 19 August 2014 21:58, Sriram Narayanan <sriramnrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>> We have been itching to goto Python 3, but the deal-breaker for us was
>> Django
>> not being ready. Now that Django does support Python 3, we did think again
>> about
>> moving, but held off exactly because of what you mention: Lack of
>> Python 3 support
>> in several third-party apps that were critical for us.
>>

> I've suggested to one of my customers that they could sponsor some dev time
> for helping migrate to Python 3. After some consideration, they moved to Go
> Lang.

Sorry, but again this makes no sense to outsiders without the context of why
such a choice was made, and IMHO leads to pointless flame-wars about my
programming language is better than yours when the truth is that they all suck,
though in different ways. In this day and age, machines should be
doing the grunt
work that we seem to still be doing.

To revive an ancient meme about whom to credit memorable quotes to:
  <anon>Do not write code. Write code that writes code</anon>

Regards,
Gora