[BangPypers] "The Python I would like to see" - Armin Ronacher

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:44:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:
> On 19 August 2014 21:24, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to add one point about deployment of large and complex
>> applications written in Python. Deployment of these types of applications
>> are very difficult in Python.
>
> Would you please elaborate on the difficulties? We are reasonably
> happy with AWS images to bootstrap the system, then virtualenv, pip,
> fabric and now ansible to deploy Django apps.

Using cloud based images, orchestration tools like Ansible, container
technologies like Docker all helps to make application deployment easier.
However, it's still complex compared to copying a single binary and running it.

>>                                                    I would love to install single statically
>> linked binaries for deployment. Building these binaries should be very fact
>> also, say less than 1 minute.
>
> Statically-linked binaries are so 1990s :-)

Modern languages like Rust ( http://www.rust-lang.org/ ) & Go (
http://golang.org/ )
seems to produce statically linked binaries by default.

>>                                               This is one of the reason I am getting
>> attracted to Golang :-)
>
> For me, the main attraction of Go is the concurrency features. Syntax still
> seems strange, though.

I felt Go more Pythonic :)

https://talks.golang.org/2012/zen.slide#1

Regards,