[BangPypers] Python certifications in India

lokesh bobby lokeshbobbys at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 10:20:05 CET 2014

The one I know for python is "Security Tube Python Scripting Expert". This focuses on automation/tools/scripting stuff that is related to security, but not on application development.
Regards,Lokesh Kumar Makani.

     On Monday, 22 December 2014 1:24 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

 On Mon, Dec 22 2014, Bibhas Ch Debnath wrote:

> Is there anyone or any company here that actually values a certificate
> for Python? In my experience, certification courses mean nothing, at
> least for Python developers. None of the people I know or have worked
> with, cares about a certificate.
> I'd love to pmeet someone who thinks otherwise.

[...]

Some companies sell products that require a lot of expertise for the end
user (e.g. Cisco). Configuring their equipment/software can be a full
time task in itself. If the company themselves do this for their end
clients, they'll get a services component bolted onto their product and
that will affect their long term plans.

However, if they can create some kind of qualification in the market and
provide material for that, people unassociated with the company will try
to get it and will become employable. In that sense, certifications do
have value. Given two people of roughly equal experience, if I were
hiring someone to watch over a network of Cisco gear, I'd pick the one
who has a Cisco certification.

Language certifications don't really fall into this but I suppose when
the ecosystem is large enough (e.g. Java), you can cut off a piece and
certify people in that department. It will have marketing value for a
class of clients. Python doesn't (yet) come under this category so I
don't think there are any certifications in India. I don't know many
people who use Python that would consider a "certificate" as something
valuable. The only certificate course for Python that I know of is the
O'Reilly one. [1].

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.oreillyschool.com/certificate-programs/python-programming/

--