[BangPypers] Pygtk

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Wed Jul 23 21:08:32 CEST 2014

On 22 July 2014 21:27, Ankita Rath <ankitarath2011 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using pygtk for GUI. We can import gtk module for this. But lot of
> places i have seen pygtk module along with gtk module. So can somebody tell
> me what is the use of this pygtk module.
>
> import pygtk
> import gtk
>
> we can do everything with gtk module only. So when is this pygtk module is
> useful.

pygtk has pretty decent documentation, which you might want to read carefully:
Please see the right-hand sidebar at http://www.pygtk.org/

>From the tutorial: "The variables and functions that are defined in the PyGTK
module are named as gtk.*. So, you are very likely using functions from pygtk,
even when they are named as gtk.XXX. If you are so inclined, you can look into
the two modules to figure out what is defined where.

Regards,
Gora