[BangPypers] [JOB] Full Stack Hacker - wanted to solve real world problems @nextdrop

Devin Miller devin at nextdrop.org
Tue Sep 2 10:22:11 CEST 2014

Position: Full Stack Hacker - wanted to build cool technologies that solve
real world problems @nextdrop Background:

NextDrop is expanding and looking for passionate individuals to join our
growing tech team. You will specifically create a seamless user experience
for the customers who receive our SMS water alerts, while also creating
custom web based technology for the water utility- to enable them to make
data driven decisions. Your job will also entail being the guardian and
keeper of all our data- which means looking after our custom built SMS/IVR
system. Finally, you'll be making custom internal analytics to track all of
the important pieces of information - so we can all figure out how to
improve and grow our company.
You Should Apply For This Job If:

You are itching to make your ideas come to life, and create amazing
products that have the ability to impact millions of lives. You can take a
real world problem, and create a technical solution for it- the prospect of
doing things nobody has ever done before excites you. You love data, and
truly believe that making data driven decisions will help any organization
succeed. You also love the details and have been criticized as being too
much of a perfectionist- you won't let something pass if there's even an
extra space between a comma and the next word. You love to travel, and you
don't like to sit in the same place all the time. Similarly, you enjoy
challenges, and love the prospect of doing different things every day. You
also love the details: you record everything that goes right, AND
everything that goes wrong so you can fix it next time. You believe in the
hacker mentality: Fail fast, fail often, but learn every time. But most of
all, you are simply passionate about making a real difference in the world,
and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.
You're a match if:

   - You are a web development whiz, but more particularly, you love to use
   Python (Django web framework), HTML5, SCSS, JavaScript.
   - You and interactive maps (Leaflet, Google Maps API, etc.) are best
   friends (but you are also friends with the nginx web server).
   - REST APIs: No Problem.
   - Sysadmin and server management- piece of cake
   - Android or mobile is a plus but not required

Email your resume and mobile/contact number to team at nextdrop.org

http://nextdrop.org/