[BangPypers] New to Python

Samarendra knightsamar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:43:32 CEST 2014

Hi Awanish,

Welcome to the world of Python!

If your basics of Python are clear, you can start with either of these
frameworks. I personally find both Flask and Django equally easy and
good for beginners. Their documentation and the beginner tutorials
they have in it, are good enough to get you started.

As for a project, if you like Django,
askbot(https://github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel) is one good project you
can contribute to. Also rapidsms(http://rapidsms.org/), but it seems
dormant.

Also, if you are new to contributing to open source projects, you
might find this presentation
(http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do.pdf)
useful! :-)

Regards,