[BangPypers] New to Python

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 13:20:16 CEST 2014

Kazim,

As Saramendra said, only jump into Django if you have basics of Python
learnt well.

The official documentation of Django is very good to get started. For
installation, use this:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/intro/install/. For a step by
step tutorial to get started, use this:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/intro/tutorial01/

Also, one of the best places to ask Django doubts is the #django
channel on Freenode. It is simply amazing. :)

Cheers!

On 23 September 2014 16:45, Kazim Abbas <kazim2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I will check all the given link, But how can i start a project in Django,
>  Please let me know
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Samarendra <knightsamar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Awanish,
>>
>> Welcome to the world of Python!
>>
>> If your basics of Python are clear, you can start with either of these
>> frameworks. I personally find both Flask and Django equally easy and
>> good for beginners. Their documentation and the beginner tutorials
>> they have in it, are good enough to get you started.
>>
>> As for a project, if you like Django,
>> askbot(https://github.com/ASKBOT/askbot-devel) is one good project you
>> can contribute to. Also rapidsms(http://rapidsms.org/), but it seems
>> dormant.
>>
>> Also, if you are new to contributing to open source projects, you
>> might find this presentation
>> (
>> http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do.pdf
>> )
>> useful! :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Samarendra
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 6:54 PM, kumar awanish <awanish00 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hii All ,
>> >
>> > I am new to python , I want to explore in web development ,can anyone
>> > please suggest which framework to start with for backend development
>> > ..Django or Flask  as a beginner .Please do suggest some open source
>> > project related to that and some helpful links/resources.
>> >
>> > BR,
>> > Awanish

Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com