[BangPypers] Sequoia Capital India's Annual hackathon | Call for application

kracekumar ramaraju kracethekingmaker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:36:59 CEST 2015

> [...]
>
> Shouldn't his be marked as [commercial] or [jobs] since this is an
> event for hiring people and Venturesity is possibly getting paid for
> this[1].

Yes, you're absolutely right. It should be clearly marked as commercial.

> Also a lot of people might construe this as SPAM as this is
> only tangentially related to Python.
>
> Question to Admin : Are there any guidelines for this ? I know it
> might not be possible to enforce this but good citizens will follow
> these nevertheless.

Long back there was a similar thread [1]. We don't have explicitly stated
guidelines, but many times, people
suggest this [2]. It doesn't cover anything about X-POST and job posting.
We can create guidelines in Github Wiki [3].

> -- Vinayak
> 1. http://yourstory.com/2015/05/venturesity-funding/

[1]: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/bangpypers/2011-September/006919.html

[2]: