[BangPypers] Django pagination

ragsagar ragsagar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 12:14:57 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Gora Mohanty <gora at mimirtech.com> wrote:

> On 16 February 2015 at 12:42, Shashidhar Paragonda
> <shashidhar85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello hackers,
> >
> > I need help on implementing pagination for Restful responses in django,
> > front hand I am using angular js.
> > Basically I get customer details from rest request and I need to divide
> > then by 25 per page with pagination how can I achieve this. No Db
> involved
> > here.

You can use django.core.paginator.Paginator. You can pass it the list of
objects you want to paginate.

> If the front-end is in AngularJS, you should probably do the
> pagination there. The JSON sent to AngularJS can contain a list of the
> entities to be paginated.

If the number of items is large, it is better to do the pagination in
django itself, Since angular tends to become slow when rendering large
number of items especially when using ng-render.

Regards,
> Gora

blog : blog.ragsagar.in
mail id : python -c "print '@'.join(['ragsagar','.'.join([x for x in