[BangPypers] Python conversion from .py to .exe

Arun Ravindran arunvr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:38:13 CET 2015

Hi Abhijit,

Just to be clear, py2exe doesn't truly convert py to exe like you would
expect a compiler to. Instead it takes a copy of your python runtime and
the dependencies of your application; then it bundles them into a directory
or archive (which could be make executable for single EXE targets).

To add to Senthil's advice, you need to find the 'main.py' of your
application and mention it in your setup.py appropriately like:

setup(console=['main.py'])

Cheers,
Arun