[BangPypers] UI less Rest API server with flask

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Mon Jun 22 21:11:17 CEST 2015

Hi,

Since you seem to be determined to reinvent the wheel, may I ask what is
your use case to choose flask + largely-roll-one's-own-rest-api vs. Django
+ DRF?

The same goes for all the recent hoopla in this list over Flask/Bottle over
Django, if you ask me. Django is not all that difficult to get into, has a
well-established track record, and is eminently scalable. For serious
development, one also needs to worry about the community size, and support.
I do not even know that Flask/Bottle/what have an edge over Django for any
use case, but IMHO if so one would be talking about the scale of one the
largest sites on the Internet. Remember, premature oprtimisation is the
root of all evil. Sorry, but if you ask me I smell buzzword-driven
development.

Regards,
Gora