[BangPypers] Good and practical resources to build Web Apps using Django

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:09:09 CET 2015

Hi All,

[...]

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Aby James <gits1225 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The sore point we are facing right now (among many others) is the gap from
> a beginner who have "learned" a programming language and "know" a framework
> to actually building production ready software.

One of the things that we are doing at the Chennai Python User
Group[1] is to take simple projects and work on turning them into
"production" ready software. This is part of a series of experiments
we are doing and it received some good feedback. For starters we took
a simple Hangman project from the Invent Python book and created[2] a
"application" out of it which culminated at it being uploaded to PyPI.

Vijay (the coordinator of Chennaipy) spoke about this during our
January meetup as well. You can check out the video[3] for it.

We are planning to take this exercise forward and explore different
aspects of making something production ready.

Feel free to give us your thoughts.

[...]

Regards,
Shrayas