[BangPypers] Life lessons shared by Jesse Noller

Anand B Pillai anandpillai at letterboxes.org
Thu Oct 29 14:08:23 EDT 2015

On Thursday 29 October 2015 08:24 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29 2015, Gora Mohanty wrote:
>

> [...]
>
>> With all due respect to Mr. Noller, the article is not germane to this
>> list. Please refrain from off-topic posts.
>
> [...]
>
> Perhaps not completely relevant to PyCon but it is, I think, useful to
> many people who are putting in time and energy to keep this community
> going.

There are lessons to learn from it. I always thought of Jesse as a
rock-star - as an amazing Python community organizer and developer.

It was a surprise to see how much going "giving it all" had affected his
personal life. When we see people in the community, you don't think much
beyond on how they do the work-life balance, you don't sometimes see
beyond the brave facades they put.

It takes a lot of courage to write the way he did and I hope he would be
able to pick the pieces of his life and carry on.

--
Regards,

--Anand

Software Architect/Consultant